Good hair care begins at home itself. You should follow simple routines like combing
, brushing, shampooing and the likes. However, if that doesn’t help you and you still keep experiencing the same problems it’s time you tried the Ayurvedic hair care routine!
Aside from reviving the health of your hair, one very important advantage of using Ayurveda is that it helps you avoid the chemical based treatments that end up affecting your health in the long run.
Ayurvedic treatments are cost effective and quite easy to follow. More over, they can be homemade and prove very effectual in maintaining hair quality- be it color, luster, strength or longevity. Let us check out a few of these medicinal marvels that have worked wonders on so many people.
For Hair Loss
This is a very common problem amongst men and happens most due to anxiety, stress and improper dietary habits. To reduce hair loss,
• Massage your hair with aroma oils at least once every week. Rosemary and Titri oil are excellent substitutions.
• Amla oil that is actually made by boiling dried Amla seeds in coconut oil is very effective hair tonic. Use it to prevent hair fall and augment the growth of your hair. Watch this useful video that demonstrates how to prepare a simple but effective Ayurvedic hair cleanser using Amla oil that you can make right at home.
• You can also try rinsing your hair with neem water. To prepare that, just boil neem leaves in water for a while and then cool it.
• Another option is to massaging your scalp with almond or coconut oil daily for 10 to 15 minutes.
A highly useful technique in combating dandruff through Ayurveda is by use of Fenugreek or methi. Soak methi seeds overnight in water to soften them. Ground it into a fine paste the next morning and massage your scalp thoroughly for about half an hour. Wash it off with water.
• Dried peels of lemon and orange are easily obtainable. Soak them in water overnight and wash your hair with it. It not only removes dandruff but also softens your hair.
• Finally, you can also make a mixture of 1 teaspoon of camphor and a half cup of coconut oil and massage it on your scalp before bed every night.
Premature graying of Hair
Graying of hair is a normal process that comes with age but when it starts as early as in your thirties, it is something to be concerned about. Ayurvedic recommendations have gone a long way towards helping people prevent it.
• Herbal oil mixed with bhringaraj, vibhitaki, and neela must be applied on the scalp which is very effective against premature graying.
• You can also opt for grated ginger mixed with honey. Store it in a container and eat 1 tea-spoon daily.
Keeping your hair healthy by taking a balanced diet
Most of the problems related to hair crop up from improper intake of nutrition. So it is imperative that you change your diet if you experience hair issues. For example, in case of hair loss, increase your vegetable intake. Eat lots of salads, fruits and milk in your diet. Ayurveda recommends that instead of focusing on one specific nutrient, your diet should consist of a combination of natural and healthy food. This allows a variety of nutrients to nourish your hair. Include lots of fruits in your daily diet and milk products are especially nourishing for the hair.
Use the information provided here to improve the quality of your hair and give your confidence the much needed boost. With right care and interest you can prevent your hair from damage and bring back the old vitality in them.