Superstar Rajinikanth alias the original Shivaji Rao Gaekwada is such a prankster in his early teenhood. completely contrast to the present poised man he is, Rajini always got into trouble and had indulged in galore of mischief.
• The much popular style of tossing the cigarette up in the air to catch it with his lip started as early before he reached his eighteen. Betting his senior friends that he is capable of joining their gang, Shivaji first performed the trick in the bushes at school
.• He has a way with his friends and just like his on screen demeanor, there was a group of followers mesmerized with the style that made him their leader in school.
• Rajinikanth was such a spoilt brat that his brother dropped him from school temporarily so that he could learn some lesson. He was enrolled in a yoga hall with the famous Babaji and that is where his strong liking for the saint began at the age of 16.
• When he had a freak accident at that age, a deep wound developed in his body and later it became his mark for all identifications which Rajini used to flaunt to his friends earlier
.• The story of ‘Kuselan’ was based on one such friend named Bahadur during his days in Bangalore and it was also the same man who sent him to study acting in Pune.
• After much deliberation Rajinikanth’s elder brother managed to get him a job in the government as a bus conductor and apart from acting it is one of his favorite jobs which he loved doing every minute interacting with people.
• During his school days, Rajini had a strong liking for acting and had performed various roles in the stage plays. Playing the role of villains like Ravana was his favorite and he did it so well in his own style that the audience clapped for minutes together after his performance.
• His elder brother always sacrificed a lot that made him the superstar he is now. In his childhood, their family was so ridden in poverty that their food was not at all enough. He used to share his meal for Rajini so that he had his fill for the day.• Rajini have a peculiar habit of remembering names even if it is years before they met and also is very good at keeping the faces in mind. It serves him the best outputs even now as keeping people in mind is an important aspect in the film industry.
• Education wise the star didn’t had a strong background as he was more interested towards art and creative things. So, his brother at first tried to get him a degree but later let him go in his own path that determined the strong future.• Rajinikanth is synonymous with simplicity and just like in the movies he loved to sleep inside or on the top of the bus in the natural setting without comfort of the bed.
• His close friend Bahadur is the first guy who rekindled his interest in art during the conductor profession and also helped him go to Pune for studying in the film institute.
• Even though, he has not seen his parents, superstar always had a strong liking for his mom and used to pester his elder brother to tell about their past life accompanied with vivid description of his mother.
• Coming from such a poverty filled home, he knows the value of food and money which helped him to be stable even after attaining global recognition.• In this period, Rajini had lost signs of his early days but he was such a short tempered man in the past due to which he got stuck into many controversies.• It was only after he became a superstar, the color black considered as inferior in our state became prestigious and youngsters started feeling more confident quoting him as a role model
.• Without any money to even board the bus to attend the interview in Pune, his friend and bus driver sold his wife’s jewels to pay the expenses and also to pay the fees. Rajini had never forgot that selfless attitude towards his well being.
• Without any hope or idea about his future career, he landed and the inferior complexity of being black was a major shortcoming when he attended the interview but it was the style that changed the day.
• During his education at film institute, Rajini was the poorest boy of all who couldn’t afford to even have few sets of clothes. He used to wash the same and sometimes even wear it wet to college that students mocked at times.
• After several years, it was the movie ‘Sivaji’ that gained nationwide accolade and sold for whopping crores that flabbergasted the distributors seeing Rajini’s star power.
• Smoking was the most harmful habit that he had even after finding peace with Babaji and Himalayas. Only a few years back during ‘Chandramukhi’, he stopped it due to serious conditions and continues to stick to his decision.
• Rajini loves being the centre of attraction and wonders often how the media used to publicize him for sales. In his middle age in cinema, he was so harsh in his tone that warranted several controversies.
• Superstar met his wife Latha when a group of young college girls came to interview him and she was leading the team. He was immediately attracted and their marriage was made possible with help of YG Mahendran.
• A peculiar attitude of Rajini is he doesn’t want even his family members to intervene in his decisions or plans. Basking in solitude is his forte but he had never failed to look after the family with due concern.
• In his poyes garden house, he has reserved a special place as advised by vastu experts for poojas and meditation. Considered as restricted zone for others, Rajini meditates and prays in the room.
• The preaching songs included in his every movie were not intentional and it was made on demand when many personalities felt Rajini has a way with youngsters which pushed him to the stereotype songs.
• Similar to his punch dialogue in Padyappa, Rajini has his own ways of treating and seeing things to which he sticks. No one is supposed to advice him unless he voluntarily seeks their help.
• After every movie, he maintains a habit of taking a break out of Chennai and usually before the Himalayas, Bangalore is his favorite spot to hang out with his old buddies.
• While studying in college, Rajini had no source of income except for the one he gets from his brother and friends. So, he spent many a nights without a morsel of food on the roadside areas.
• A friend who works at the famous Tata Udipi hotel became close to Rajini and it was with his help that a group of young buddies used to steal food at night to satiate their hunger.
• Many of his close friends still wonder, what kind of person Sivaji Rao alias Rajinikanth is. He is such a mystery even to his close ones and always acts in unexpected ways.
• Most of the time, Rajini doesn’t stay in his house at Boyes Garden and always likes to spend time amidst nature in his farm house.
• During his stay in the outskirts of the city at guest houses, just like any common man Rajini would get into the fields and plant seeds after cultivating the ground by digging it.
• His regular schedule includes waking up early in the morning around 5, meditating and a compulsory one hour long walking in the evening for physical fitness.
• Rajini is the only star who had visited the most sacred caves of Himalayas were Sadhus live. He had gone deep into the mountains around five times which is considered impossible by many even now.
• Apart from seeking spiritual peace, Rajini likes to roam around without identity and he wants to be nobody as he used to be decades before.
• In Chennai and Bangalore, Rajini often roams around in disguise which is hard to find and he mingles with the local crowd to know what people opine about him in general.• Rajini had acted in some six Hindi films during the early stages of his career and even shared screen space with Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra.
• Superstar can speak four languages including Hindi, Tamil, Kannada and Marathi. He is also well versed in many slogas in Sanskrit.
• A simplicity that everyone loves about Rajinikanth is he always stands up to greet everyone who enters the sets for the day’s shoot.
• Punctuality and Rajinikanth is synonymous as he always maintains to be at the venue whether be it a shooting or event minutes before it commences.
• Rajini is a fond of his demised mother Jakkubai and even named his movie with KS Ravikumar earlier.• He was as young as nine years old when his beloved mother passed away. Since then, he repents her demise in lonliness.
• Superstar’s official tailor had often wondered how he could have the same sizes and no changes at all in his 25 year career.
• It was the trademark of screenplay and similar storyline created for Rajinikanth that has been used and re-used by many heroes in more than 100 movies in the recent past.
• With his own creative mind, Rajini used to introduce new styles in his movies and directors never intervene in his decision.
• When he was still young, he used to pester his brother to tell stories and activities related to his mother Jakkubai.
• The enormous changes in life and the success that he tasted changed Rajini into an ardent devotee. He was an atheist who doesn’t believe in god earlier.
• His favorite food cooked in Bahadur’s home in Mutton Kaima and Rajini devours it always even if it is for a whole week.
• Rajini is a brand name and in the prestigious AVM studios he has a room allocated for him to use while shooting.
• The same kind of room is allotted for him in the hotels he visit and in Rishikesh where he stays during the Himalayan visit.
• The Raghavendra Mandapam in Chennai is built specially for bypassers and those who seek a shelter to stay initiated by Rajini.
• When it comes to treating fans with respect, no can beat the superstar in hospitality.
• So far in his life, it was in the life matters of his daughter that Rajini behaved very poised while he’s short tempered by nature.
• His marriage took place in Thirupathi without much fanfare or the media glare that he willingly rejected.
• Ironically, in the wedding reception he treated the media persons with much care and let them take pictures as they wished.
• Rajini is fond of his old memories and retains the things he used in the past like his car, clothes and other accessories.
• The only person who has the right to scold and put him in right path is his mentor K Balachandar, who can question him anytime.