For small business owners, one of the greatest advantages of using the Internet is the plethora of ways to promote their business using online tools. Here’s a list of ten tools and services you can find online that will greatly help in your marketing efforts.
1. Low-Hanging Fruit
Hopefully you’re already using these basic online marketing tools, but just in case you’re not, here’s a list of must-haves for promoting your business:
- Your own website with a unique URL. Make the investment to develop a professional, well-designed website.
- Social media accounts. Remember that not all social media will be appropriate for your business, and if you try to keep up with too many accounts, you will become overwhelmed and not succeed with any of them.
- Your own blog. Blogs are a great way to improve your search engine rankings and gain freer, organic traffic for your website.
- An email list. Sending out regular emails promoting your products and services is still one of the best ways to promote your business using the Internet.
Once you implement the low-hanging fruits mentioned above, you need to track their effectiveness in promoting your business. To find get started, visit Google.com/analytics.
FeedBurner is another free Google tool that you can use to promote your business online. It allows you to create a feed for your website or your blog for free, making it easy for potential customers to follow what’s happening at your website(s). The FeedBurner website is FeedBurner.com.
4. Google Docs
As long as we’re talking about free services from Google, let’s talk about two more, starting with Google Docs. Instead of emailing documents back and forth to business partners, create a Google Doc and share it with the other people who need the information. The website for Google Docs is Docs.Google.com.
5. Google Voice
You can save money for your business by getting a Google Voice phone number instead of paying for a land line. The Google Voice number, which is free, can be set to ring your cell phone or the cell phones of any of your business partners. You can also make an outgoing call from your cell phone but the person you are calling will see your Google Voice number instead of your personal number.
6 – 10. Get it Cheaper Online
The following services are examples of tools you can purchase for promoting your business online that are all less expensive than purchasing from a traditional brick-and-mortar store:
6. Online printing – You need professional brochures and they will cost you less than you expect if you purchase printed materials online.
7. Office supplies – Buy supplies in bulk from online retailers.
8. Marketing collateral – Pens with your business name on them, travel mugs with your logo, umbrellas printed with your website address: These are all items that you can purchase online at a great rate.
9. Graphic design – Get great prices on professional graphic and web design by using a competitive online marketplace such as eLance.com.
10. Blog sharing – Speaking of outsourcing things, if you’re too busy to keep up with your blog, try accepting guest submissions. Developing relationships is the key to success on the web and collaboration is a great thing for any venture.
- 10 Promotional Online Tools for Your Business (smallbizbee.com)